Saturday, June 14, 2008

Cute as a Cupcake!

Get ready for LOTS of photos!


We had a CUPCAKE PARTY for Anna Kate's 1st birthday!

I think I made about 80 regular cupcakes and 115 mini-cupcakes on a stick a la Bakerella.

Decorations:


Mini cupcakes on the tables. My friend Becky made the giant cupcake.






And no ordinary water bottles!

Games:

A cupcake bean bag toss.


A cupcake walk.

And "Put the Cherry on the Cupcake."

Fun visitors:


Cousin Luke and Uncle Patrick

Aunt Brianna
The cake:


Becky made a smaller cupcake to match the giant one just for Anna Kate! She wasn't sure what to think with everyone singing to her.

The pinata:


The pinata was a bit of a fiasco! The candy came out hard and fast and some kids were crying because it hurt their heads! Oops!

Opening gifts:


Anna Kate was spoiled by her friends and family!

After the party, Anna Kate got to play at the park.

She loved the swing!

And chasing Luke.
We finally went home where Anna Kate played some more with Papa, Grandma, Aunt Brianna, Uncle Patrick and Luke!

Anna Kate had a great day! Hooray!!

7 comments:

  1. It was quite the party! I think everyone had so much fun, and the decorations and food were awesome! So what are you going to do to top that? Anna Kate was so cute too, in her pink polka dot outfit.
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That looks like it was some party! I don't think I could ever even come close to throwing a party like that! Happy Birthday Anna Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The party was ADORABLE!
    I saw the cupcake lollipops done on the martha stewart show months ago and thought that it would be a good idea for Evan's first birthday but I wasn't daring enough! Great Job!
    April

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a party!! will you plan my next birthday?? looks like a lot of fun--so nice that your family was able to come up for the big day!! very cute everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for a fun party Anna Kate!

    Grandma, Papa and Aunt Brianna

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many cupcakes! And so cute! But where was the cupcake shaped candle?!?!? Looked like a great party, sorry we missed it! Happy Birthday Anna Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome job! Looks like it was a fun party.

    If you want me to add you to my next photo roundup of cupcake pops, just add a link with your first name and state here

    http://bakerella.blogspot.com/2008/05/theyre-poppin-up-all-over.html

    ReplyDelete